Tuesday 23 June 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antony Costa and Joe Taslim.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
Dragonslayer, directed by Matthew Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bellamy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Round-Up or Raster Blaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1981 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Antony Costa: English singer-songwriter and actor (Blue).
- Joe Taslim: Indonesian actor and martial artist.
- Rolf Wacha: German rugby player.
- Zarah Leander: Swedish singer and actress whose greatest success was in Germany during the 1930s and 1940s.
- This Was Burlesque opens at Princess Theater NYC for 28 performances
- 33 inning game ends, Pawtucket 3, Rochester 2
- Dave Koza scores Marty Barrett with bases-loaded single in bottom of 33rd inning, Pawtucket beats Rochester 3-2
- French government of Mauroy forms, with 4 communists
- New York City mayor Koch turns down a $7,500 offer to perform comedy
- Amanda Maccaro becomes first American to win Russian Ballet Competition.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Neil Diamond - America
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?