Sunday 23 May 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rochelle Pangilinan and Cyrill Gloor.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky III, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while At Dawn We Slept by Gordon W. Prange was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Serpentine or Sharp Shot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1982!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 May 1982 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Rochelle Pangilinan
- Cyrill Gloor: Swiss footballer.
- Malene Mortensen: Danish singer.
- Tristan Prettyman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Cathy Morse wins LPGA Chrysler-Plymouth Charity Golf Classic.
- BBC warns Britain will bomb Argentina.
- Pope John Paul II declares "Peerke" Donders divine.
- Colin Wilson rides a surfboard 294 miles.
- Falklands War: HMS ''Antelope'' is lost
- Iranian troops retake Khorramshahr.
- KGB head Yuri Andropov is appointed to the Secretariat of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?