Saturday 23 October 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alai Kalaniuvalu and Christopher Horner.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All'ultimo minuto.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1971 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Alai Kalaniuvalu: NFL guard (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Christopher Horner: American cyclist.
- Fabrice Burgaud: French magistrate known for having instructed the Outreau case, a 2004 criminal trial in northern France on various counts of sexual abuse against children.
- Carlo Forlivesi: Italian-Japanese composer and scholar.
- Chris Horner: American cyclist.
- WXLT (now WWSB) TV channel 40 in Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida (ABC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 October 1971
- Buffalo Bills - San Diego Chargers : 3 - 20
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?