Friday 29 October 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Winona Ryder and Lisa Bresner.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
My Name Is Trinity, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Drifters by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 October 1971 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Winona Ryder: American actress who entered movies at age 13 following a less-than-conventional upbringing by intellectual hippy parents who were both editors by profession, pals with Allen Ginsberg and drug guru Timothy Leary, who was her godfather.
- Lisa Bresner
- Christian Stone
- Jean-Pierre Martins
- Greg Blewett: Australian cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Matthew Hayden: Australian cricketer.
- Winona Ryder [Horowitz]: in Minnesota, USA; actress (Heathers, Edward Scissorhands).
- Daniel J Bernstein: American professor.
- Daniel Bernstein: American mathematician cryptologist and academic.
- Duane Allman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band Hour Glass Derek and the Dominos and The Allman Joys) (d. 1971).
- The NBC TV network airs the TV special Grand Opening of Walt Disney World. Approximately 52 million people in the US view the 90-minute show.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?