Monday 25 October 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Prommayon and Laura Chapot.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1971 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Jeffrey Prommayon: Soccer player (PSV).
- Laura Chapot: Equestrian show jumper (1996 Olympics).
- Lee Gissendaner: NFL / WLAF receiver (Minn Vikings, Scottish Claymores).
- Midori: Violinist.
- Stephanie Martin-Cobb: LPGA golfer.
- Midori Goto: Japanese violinist
- Pedro Martinez: Baseball Player
- Craig Robinson: TV Actor
- Simon Charlton: English footballer and manager
- Athena Chu: Hong Kong actress and singer
- Neil Fallon: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Clutch The Company Band and The Bakerton Group)
- Midori Gotō: Japanese-American violinist and educator
- Leslie Grossman: American actress
- Rosie Ledet: American singer-songwriter and accordion player
- Pedro Martínez: Dominican-American baseball player and sportscaster
- Elif Şafak: French-Turkish journalist author and academic
- Albertus W "Albert" van Dalsum: Actor / director (King Lear), dies at 82.
- Belgium and China PR establish diplomatic relations
- General Meeting of the UN agrees to admit China PR
- UN votes to expel Chinese Nationalist-ruled Taiwan and admit Red China
- Roy Disney dedicates Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- The United Nations seated the People's Republic of China and expelled the Republic of China (see political status of Taiwan and China and the United Nations)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 October 1971
- Baltimore Colts - Minnesota Vikings : 3 - 10
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?