Thursday 28 October 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Coker and Nicole Green.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
My Name Is Trinity, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1971 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- John Coker: NBA center (Phoenix Suns).
- Nicole Green: Springfield, Ohio -- 400m runner.
- Nicolas Ouédec: French soccer player.
- Roxana Briban: Romanian soprano and actress (d. 2010).
- Caroline Dinenage: English businesswoman and politician.
- Leonidas Sabanis: Albanian-Greek weightlifter
- Yves de La Casiniere: Composer, dies at 74.
- John andYoko record Happy Xmas (War is Over) in New York City
- England becomes sixth nation to have a satellite (Prospero) in orbit.
- Britain launches its first satellite, Prospero, into low Earth orbit atop a Black Arrow carrier rocket.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?