Tuesday April 24, 2001
US date format: 4/24/2001, UK date format: 24/4/2001
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 24, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Miles Butler-Hughton .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All For You by Janet.
In UK It Wasn't Me by Shaggy featuring Rikrok was in the top 5 hits.
The Mummy Returns, directed by Stephen Sommers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while On the Street Where You Live by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dismissed.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Far Gate or Extreme-G 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 24, 2001?
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 24, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on April 24, 2001
- Dallas Mavericks - Utah Jazz : 98 - 109
- Indiana Pacers - Philadelphia 76ers : 98 - 116
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Tranmere : 2 - 1
- Fulham - Wolves : 2 - 0
- Grimsby - Blackburn : 1 - 4
- Livingston - Falkirk : 3 - 0
- Morton - Ross County : 0 - 3
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Forfar - Arbroath : 1 - 1
- Luton - Rotherham : 0 - 1
- Peterboro - Walsall : 2 - 0
- Swansea - Wrexham : 0 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Mansfield - Cardiff : 2 - 1
- Montrose - Brechin : 1 - 3
- Plymouth - Southend : 3 - 3
- Torquay - Darlington : 2 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2001?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $88.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $24.33
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $68.20
- General Electric GE: opens at $47.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $113.40
- 1 USD = 122.12 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5472 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.7139 CHF
- 1 EUR = 109.33 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6226 GBP