Thursday 23 July 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Leenhardt and David W Henderson.
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1903 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Roger Leenhardt: French filmmaker, director, producer and critic.
- David W Henderson
- David Henderson: Scottish scientist and researcher who worked for the Microbiological Research and the Department of Defense as a director.
- Ford Motor Co sells 1st Model A car
- The Ford Motor Company sells its first car.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?