Friday 24 July 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Ichazo and Ermanno Olmi.
The Miracle Woman, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1931 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Oscar Ichazo: Bolivian-born spiritual teacher, the founder of the Arica School in Chile and without doubt one of the great cornerstone founders of the spiritual enneagram.
- Ermanno Olmi: Italian documentary film maker, director and producer.
- James Woods: American financier, accountant and CEO of Baker Hughes, a large oil company with horizontal drilling experience.
- Eric Tabarly: .
- Éric Tabarly: French commander (d. 1998).
- Marie WF Treub: Dutch economist / Minister of finance, dies at 75.
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 2 mile (8:59.6)
- A fire at a home for the elderly in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania kills 48 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?