Friday 3 July 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andres Burnier [Catharina Dessaur] and Andreas Burnier.
The Smiling Lieutenant, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1931 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Andres Burnier [Catharina Dessaur]: Criminologist / author (Jongensuur).
- Andreas Burnier: Dutch writer, philosopher and criminologist, who openly wrote about homosexuality and feminism.
- Luciano Comaschi: Italian soccer/football player, he played with Brescia Calcio (1948-1949), Bondenese (1949-1950), Crotone (1950-1951), and Napoli (1951-1960).
- Frits Helmuth: Danish film actor.
- 51st Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Sid Wood Jr beats F X Shields (walkover)
- Max Schmeling TKOs Young Stribling in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?