Saturday 4 July 1931, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sébastien Japrisot and Stephen Boyd.
Smart Money, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1931 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Sébastien Japrisot: French author director and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Stephen Boyd: Irish-born actor, a handsome though rather wooden leading man best known for his roles in several historical epics, including "The Fall of the Roman Empire," 1964, "The Bible," 1966 and, of course, his career peak in "Ben-Hur," 1959.
- Duncan Lamont (composer)
- Jean-Louis Flandrin: French historian, specializing in the history of family, sexuality and food, from the middle ages to the 19th century.
- Duncan Lamont: Scottish musician, flutist and saxophonist who has played for a diverse amount of groups and session players.
- Rick Casares: American football player and soldier (d. 2013).
- Sebastien Japrisot: French author, film director and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Bobby Cross: American football offensive lineman in the National Football League for the Chicago Bears, the Los Angeles Rams, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Chicago Cardinals.
- 1st fireworks are held at Cleveland Stadium
- 1st trailside museum opens in Cleveland Metroparks
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?