Sunday November 24, 1974US date format: 11/24/1974, UK date format: 24/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Falzon and Aylín Mújica.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can Help by Billy Swan.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Freebie and the Bean, directed by Richard Rush, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Harlequin by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dan Falzon: Australian actor and musician who first appeared in "Neighbours" in 1992, filming the first episode, April 29th, while he was still in school.
- Aylín Mújica
- Sabrina Parlatore
- Machel Montano: Trinidad & Tobago musician.
- Saku Koivu: Athlete.
- Taro Yamamoto: Japanese actor and politician.
- Dave Aizer: American television host and producer.
- Aylin Mujica: TV Actress.
- Stephen Merchant: British comedian.
- 2 truck hijackers freed (3 / 3 / 1974)
- 62nd CFL Grey Cup: Montreal Alouettes defeats Edmonton Eskimos, 20-7
- Gerald Ford and Leonid Brezhnev signs SALT-2-treaty
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Lady Errol Golf Classic
- Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed ''Lucy'' (after The Beatles song ''Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds''), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia's Afar Depression.
Sport Games on 24 November 1974
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 0 - 27
- Buffalo Bills - Cleveland Browns : 15 - 10
- Chicago Bears - Detroit Lions : 17 - 34
- Dallas Cowboys - Houston Oilers : 10 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Feel A Song (in My Heart)
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - You Got The Love
- Blue Magic - Three Ring Circus
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?