Friday 24 November 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Sundquist and Carlos Carnero.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK His Latest Flame / Little Sisters by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Hawaii, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1961 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Carl Sundquist: Indianapolis, Indiana -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Carlos Carnero: Spanish lawyer and politician.
- Arundhati Roy: Indian author and activist.
- Ruth Chatterton: American actress, a writer and a pilot.
- World Food Program (WFP) formed as a temporary UN program.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?