Friday 25 April 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Santini and Jean-Paul Charié.
The Narrow Margin, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 April 1952 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Jacques Santini: French football player, with corsican origins, he reached the European Cup Final with Saint-Etienne in 1976 (winner Bayern Munich).
- Jean-Paul Charié
- Haider al-Abadi
- Ketil Bj?rnstad: Norwegian pianist.
- Ketil Bjørnstad: Norwegian pianist and composer.
- Vladislav Tretiak: USSR hockey player (1972, 76 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Cory Day: Bronx, New York -- Rock vocalist.
- Cory Day in the Bronx: New York, USA; rock vocalist.
- 6th NBA Championship: Minneapolis Lakers beat the New York Knicks, 4 games to 3
- American Bowling Congress approves use of an automatic pinsetter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?