Tuesday 29 April 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Van Valkenburgh in Schnectady and Nora Dunn in Chicago.
The Narrow Margin, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1952 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Deborah Van Valkenburgh in Schnectady: New York, USA; actress (Too Close for Comfort).
- Nora Dunn in Chicago: Illinois, USA; comedienne (Saturday Night Live, Miami Blues, Working Girl).
- David Icke: British mystic who had a spiritual awakening in 1990-91 and began his earth healing.
- Nora Dunn: Chicago, Illinois -- Comedienne (SNL, Miami Blues, Working Girl).
- Bob McClure: American baseball player and coach.
- Rob Nicholson: Canadian lawyer and politician 11th Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Brian Ripley: English statistician and academic
- Ron Washington: American baseball manager(Texas Rangers)
- Lever House officially opens at 390 Park Avenue in New York City, heralding a new age of commercial architecture in the United States. Designed by Gordon Bunshaft of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, it is the first International Style skyscraper.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?