Wednesday 2 April 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Kent Massey and Dan Halldorson in Winnipeg.
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1952 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Joseph Kent Massey: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Soling yachter (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Dan Halldorson in Winnipeg: Manitoba, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1985 World Cup).
- Pat Drummond: Australian singer-songwriter.
- Charles Courson: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France and a former 'rapporteur', current vice-president and prominent member of its Finance Commission.
- Thierry Le Luron: French entertainer, impersonator, and humorist.
- Lennart Fagerlund: Swedish cyclist
- Will Hoy: English race car driver (d. 2002)
- Leon Wilkeson: American bass player and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 2001)
- Bernard F Lyot: French astronomer (chronograph, Lyot-filter), dies at age 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Be Anything (But Be Mine) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Blue Tango
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?