Wednesday 23 April 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Johnston in Augusta and Narada Michael Walden in Kalamazoo.
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broadway Television Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1952 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Lionel Johnston in Augusta: Georgia, USA; actor (Sons and Daughters).
- Narada Michael Walden in Kalamazoo: Michigan, USA; rocker/producer ("I Don't Want Nobody Else", "I Shoulda Loved Ya").
- Terry Moor in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; tennis star.
- Jean-Dominique Bauby: French journalist, editor-in-chief of Elle magazine from 1995.
- Bridgett Duff: American noted family; daughter of actress Ida Lupino and actor Howard Duff.
- Narada Walden: American singer-songwriter drummer and producer
- Bob Cain of Saint Louis Browns and Bob Feller of Cleveland Indians each pitch a one-hitter.
- Oil pipeline from Kirkuk to Banias completed.
- New York Giants' Hoyt Wilhelm wins his first relief game and hits his only homerun.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 April 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?