Wednesday 25 December 1968, Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corey Widmer and Scott Bullett in Martinsburg.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik mit Horst Jankowski.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1968 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Corey Widmer: NFL linebacker (New York Giants).
- Scott Bullett in Martinsburg: West Virginia, USA; outfielder (Chicago Cubs).
- Jim Dowd in Brick: New Jersey, USA; NHL center (Vancouver Canucks).
- Don Silvestri NFL/WLAF kicker (New York Jets: London Monarchs).
- Helena Christensen: Danish Model, Miss Denmark 1986 , who was featured in Chris Isaac's video 'Wicked Game'.
- Jim Dowd: Brick -- NHL center (Vancouver Canucks)
- Apollo program: Apollo 8 performs the very first successful Trans Earth Injection (TEI) maneouver, sending the crew and spacecraft on a trajectory back to Earth from Lunar orbit.
- 42 Dalits are burned alive in Kilavenmani village, Tamil Nadu, India, a retaliation for a campaign for higher wages by Dalit labourers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?