Sunday 25 March 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katharine McPhee and Liam Messam.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK 99 Red Balloons by Nena was in the top 5 hits.
Romancing the Stone, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Berlin Game by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teresa de Jesús.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emerald Isle or Loco.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 March 1984 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Christine McVie - Got A Hold On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?