Monday 25 March 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carmen Rasmusen and Diana Rennik.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One More Night by Phil Collins.
In UK You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) by Dead Or Alive was in the top 5 hits.
Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment, directed by Jerry Paris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Breaking With Moscow by Arkady N. Shevchenko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Storybreak.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Norway 1985 or Konami's Ping Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1985 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Carmen Rasmusen: Canadian-American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Diana Rennik: Estonian figure skater.
- 57th Academy Awards - Amadeus, F Murray Abraham and Sally Field win
- Edwin Meese III becomes US Attorney General.
- The 57th Academy Awards ceremony is held in Los Angeles, California. Amadeus wins Best Picture, F Murray Abraham wins Best Actor, and Sally Field wins Best Actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?