Monday 25 November 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Ave and Lorenzo Charles.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Carry on Regardless, directed by Gerald Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Steve Ave: St. Germain-en-Laye, France -- US 1500m runner.
- Lorenzo Charles: American athlete, a pro basketball player and later a chartered bus driver for the last 10 years of his life.
- Sonja Morgan: American socialite, who joined the TV show "The Real Housewives of New York City" in its third season.
- Chip Kelly: Coach.
- Kevin Chamberlin: American actor and director.
- Holly Cole: Canadian singer and actress
- Bernie Kosar: NFL quarterback (Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns)
- Alexander Marinesko: captain of the S-13 submarine, which sank the German ship Wilhelm Gustloff (d. 1963).
- JFK laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery
- Deceased US President John F. Kennedy laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.
- U.S. President Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Schools around the nation do not have class on that day, millions watch the funeral on live international television.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson establishes the Warren Commission to investigate the assassination of President Kennedy.
- Trans-Canada Airlines Flight 831, a Douglas DC-8 carrying 118, crashes into a wooded hillside after taking-off from Dorval International Airport near Montreal, killing all on board (the worst air disaster for many years in Canada's history).
- Foundation stone for Mirzapur Cadet College is led in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 November 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Dixiebelles - (Down At) Papa Joe's
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?