Friday 1 November 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antonella Ella and Brian Forde.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1963 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Antonella Ella: Italian entertainer.
- Brian Forde: WLAF linebacker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Kenny Alphin: American musician (Big & Rich).
- Monty Sopp: American professional wrestler.
- Antonella Elia: Italian television personality and actress, who started her career as a model, making her television debut in 1989 in a minor role in the TV-series "The Betrothed.
- Giorgio Gherarducci: Italian radio host, best known for being part of the trio, Gialappa's Band, along with Marco Santin and Carlo Taranto.
- Rick Allen: rocker (Def Leppard - "Hysteria", "Rock of Ages").
- Mark Hughes: Welsh footballer and manager
- Big Kenny: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Big & Rich)
- Katja Riemann: German actress and singer
- Elsa Maxwell: American columnist, writer, lecturer and actress who wanted to "go into society" from age 12.
- The Arecibo Observatory in Arecibo, Puerto Rico, with the largest radio telescope ever constructed, officially opens.
- Arecibo Observatory officially begins operation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?