Monday 25 October 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Rostagno and Leigh Ann Mills.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Alphaville, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching John Klings Abenteuer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1965 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Derrick Rostagno: Los Angeles, California -- Tennis star.
- Leigh Ann Mills: Melbourne, Florida -- LPGA golfer (1985 Mazda Champions).
- Steve Decker: Rock Island, Illinois -- Catcher (SF Giants).
- Nick Thorpe: rocker (Curiosity Killed the Cat-Keep Your Distance).
- 2 Cold Scorpio: American professional wrestler.
- ?orsteinn Bachmann: Icelandic actor
- Mathieu Amalric: French actor and filmmaker.
- Christos Tsiolkas: Greek-Australian experimental writer, editor and short-film maker whose controversial novel "Loaded" has been critically acclaimed as a forerunner in a new genre of "queer" multicultural fiction that explores issues of sexual politics and "intercultural racism."
- Þorsteinn Bachmann: Icelandic actor
- Claire Colebrook: Australian philosopher theorist and academic
- 2 Scorpio: American wrestler
- Rolling Stones release "Get Off of My Cloud".
- The Soviet Union declares its support of African countries in case Rhodesia unilaterally declares independence.
- Anti-government demonstrations occur in the Dominican Republic.
- Police discover the body of Sylvia Likens in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Brazilian president Humberto de Alencar Castelo Branco removes power from parliament, legal courts and opposition parties.
- Süleyman Demirel of AP forms the new government of Turkey (30th government)
- French Foreign Minister Couve de Murville travels to Moscow.
- Pope Paul VI announces that the ecumenical council has decided that Jews are not collectively responsible for the killing of Christ.
- In St. Louis, Missouri, the -tall inverted catenary steel Gateway Arch is completed.
- Mehdi Ben Barka, a Moroccan politician, is kidnapped in Paris and never seen again.
- Ian Brady and Myra Hindley appear in court, charged with the murders of Edward Evans (17), Lesley Ann Downey (10), and John Kilbride (12).
- An 80-kiloton nuclear device is detonated at Amchitka Island, Alaska as part of the Vela Uniform program, code-named Project Long Shot.
- Vietnam War: Near Da Nang, United States Marines repel an intense attack by Viet Cong forces, killing 56 guerrillas. A sketch of Marine positions is found on the dead body of a 13-year-old Vietnamese boy who sold drinks to the Marines the day before.
- In Washington, DC, a pro-Vietnam War march draws 25,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The Vogues - You're The One
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?