Sunday 25 August 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rollie Fingers and Larry LaRocco.
Cloak and Dagger, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Rollie Fingers: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Oakland Athletics (1968–1976), San Diego Padres (1977–1980), and Milwaukee Brewers (1981–1985).
- Larry LaRocco: (Rep-D-Idaho).
- Charles Ghigna (Father Goose): American poet and children's author.
- Melody Green: American speaker, writer and songwriter of Christian music.
- Carl Paladino: Politician.
- Charles Ghigna: American poet and author.
- Charlie Sanders: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Rollis Fingers: Steubenville sports Champions.
- 28th PGA Championship: Ben Hogan at Portland Golf Club - Portland, Oregon