Sunday 25 August 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry LaRocco and Charles Ghigna (Father Goose).
The Killers, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Larry LaRocco: (Rep-D-Idaho).
- Charles Ghigna (Father Goose): American poet and children's author.
- Rollie Fingers: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Oakland Athletics (1968–1976), San Diego Padres (1977–1980), and Milwaukee Brewers (1981–1985).
- Melody Green: American speaker, writer and songwriter of Christian music.
- Rollis Fingers: Steubenville sports Champions.
- Charles Ghigna: American poet and author
- Charlie Sanders: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015)
- 28th PGA Championship: Ben Hogan at Portland Golf Club - Portland, Oregon
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Rickety Rickshaw Man - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?