Saturday 26 April 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giancarlo Esposito and John Crichton-Stuart 7th Marquess of Bute.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Twilight Time by The Platters.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The White Witch by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 April 1958 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Giancarlo Esposito: Actor (Bob Roberts, School Daze, King of NY).
- John Crichton-Stuart 7th Marquess of Bute
- John Crichton-Stuart: 7th Marquess of Bute Scottish race car driver.
- Jeffrey Guterman: American psychotherapist author and academic.
- Georgios Kostikos: Greek footballer coach and manager.
- Johan N C "Joan" Collette: Painter, dies at 68.
- Final run of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's Royal Blue from Washington, D.C., to New York City after 68 years, the first U.S. passenger train to use electric locomotives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- The Champs - Tequila
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Ricky Nelson - Believe What You Say
- Pat Boone - A Wonderful Time Up There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?