Monday 14 April 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Capaldi and Michael Patrick Hulbert in Elmira.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
The Left Handed Gun, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The White Witch by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Invitation to the Dance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1958
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1958 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Peter Capaldi: Scottish actor, film director, and screenwriter.
- Michael Patrick Hulbert in Elmira: New York, USA; PGA golfer (1989 British Columbia Open).
- Hilde Van Mieghem: Belgian actress, she adopted a six-year old girl in 1978.
- John D'Aquino: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sputnik 2 (with dog Laika) burns up in atmosphere
- The Soviet satellite Sputnik 2 falls from orbit after a mission duration of 162 days.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- Huey (Piano) Smith - Don't You Just Know It
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?