Sunday 13 April 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Piper and Hisako Manda.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 April 1958 ?
Famous Birthdays:13 April
- 12th Tony Awards: Sunrise at Campobello and Music Man win.
- During the Cold War, American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Andy Williams - Are You Sincere
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?