Tuesday 8 April 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Detlef Bruckhoff and Maarten Ducrot.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Home From The Hill by William Humphrey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1958 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Detlef Bruckhoff: German footballer.
- Maarten Ducrot: Dutch cyclist and journalist.
- Tom Petranoff: American javelin thrower and coach.
- Ethel Turner: Australian author (Born 1872).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Andy Williams - Are You Sincere
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?