Tuesday 29 April 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Pfeiffer in Santa Ana and Simon Edwards.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1958 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Michelle Pfeiffer in Santa Ana: California, USA; actress (What Lies Beneath, Up Close and Personal, Ladyhawke, Married to the Mob, Grease 2).
- Simon Edwards: rocker (Fairground Attraction - "Find My Love").
- Eve Plumb in Burbank: California, USA; actress (Jan - The Brady Bunch, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka).
- Holly Houston: American television anchor, newspaper correspondent, journalism teacher in China and author.
- Michelle Pfeiffer: American actress seen in five consecutive critical, if not commercial hits, "The Witches of Eastwick," "Married To The Mob," "Tequila Sunrise," "Dangerous Liaisons," which was Oscar nominated, and "The Fabulous Baker Boys.
- Doreen Virtue: American author and a "folk psychology motivational speaker".
- Eve Plumb: American actress
- Gary Cohen: American sportscaster
- Ramachandra Guha: Indian historian and author
- Kevin Moore: English footballer (d. 2013)
- Mike Stenhouse: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Martin Whitmarsh: British businessman, CEO of McLaren Racing
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Champs - Tequila
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?