Friday 26 December 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Brun and Richard Vetter.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Great Chicago Fire by Robert Cromie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bold Venture.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1958 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Pascal Brun: French hotelier, who started his career at the Dorchester in London.
- Richard Vetter: German astrologer who extensively studied esoterics and astrology as well as Jungian psychology.
- Mieko Harada: Japanese actress singer and producer.
- Adrian Newey: English aerodynamicist and engineer.
- Harry Redman: Composer, dies on 89th birthday.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?