Thursday 4 December 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Roy and Bill Roy in Versailles.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Our Man In Havana by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Bill Roy: Versailles, Illinois -- Skeet (1996 Olympics).
- Bill Roy in Versailles: Illinois, USA; skeet (Olympics-1996).
- Tim Hutchings: English runner.
- Finnish government of Fagerholm resigns.
- Dahomey (present-day Benin) becomes a self-governing country within the French Community.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?