Monday 29 December 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Allen Byrum in Onida and Nancy J Currie.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Kids Say The Darndest Things! by Art Linkletter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The General Electric College Bowl.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1958 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Curt Allen Byrum in Onida: South Dakota, USA; PGA golfer (1989 Hardee's Golf Classic).
- Nancy J Currie: American astronaut.
- Michel Floquet: French journalist, editor of the "Journal de 20 heures" programme on televison station TF1.
- Nancy Currie: American colonel engineer and astronaut.
- Doris Humphrey: US dancer/choreographer (Dances of Women), dies at age 63.
- Baltimore Colts beat the New York Giants 23-17 in NFL championship game
- TV soap Young Dr Malone debuts
- Rebel troops under Che Guevara begin to invade Santa Clara, Cuba. Fulgencio Batista resigns two days later, on the night of the 31st.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?