Thursday 11 December 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicki Sixx in San Jose and Isabella Hofmann.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI was in the top 5 hits.
Some Came Running, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1958 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Nicki Sixx in San Jose: California, USA; rock guitarist (M�tley Crne - "Girls Girls Girls").
- Isabella Hofmann: American actress.
- Dominic Raacke: German actor and script writer.
- Nikki Sixx: American musician; bass guitarist, songwriter and leader of the rock group Motley Crue, the reigning "bad boys" of American heavy metal for the 1980s and 1990s.
- Chris Hughton: English-Irish footballer and manager.
- Tom Shadyac: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- 4th (last) Dutch government of Drees falls.
- French Upper Volta gains self-government from France, becomes the Republic of Upper Volta, and joins the French Community.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?