Saturday 26 December 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 26, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Koji Morimoto and Michael P. Anderson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Devil'S Advocate by Morris L. West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Secret Garden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1959 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Michael P. Anderson: Astronaut.
- Koji Morimoto: Japanese animated film director.
- Lesley Tomlinson in Derbyshire: England; cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Wang Lijun: Chinese police officer and politician.
- Kōji Morimoto: Japanese animator and director.
- Hans Nielsen: Danish motorcycle racer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1959?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- In The Mood - Ernie Fields & Orch.
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?