Wednesday 26 October 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Briand and Jon Rodden.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita) by Brenda Lee.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Lovely Ambition by Mary Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Maigret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 26 October 1960 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Philippe Briand: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Jon Rodden: American military; joined the U.S.
- Brian Hansen: NFL punter (NY Jets).
- June Brigman: American comic book artist.
- Patrick Breen: American actor and screenwriter.
- AL approves Washington Senators move to become Minnesota Twins and announces franchises in LA and Washington DC for 1961
- Robert F. Kennedy telephones Coretta Scott King, the wife of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and he also secures King's release from jail regarding a traffic violation in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S..
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?