Sunday 2 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Anderson in Vancouver and Robbie Nevil.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Spartacus, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Route 66.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1960 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Glenn Anderson in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; NHL hockey player (Edmonton Oilers).
- Robbie Nevil: American singer and songwriter.
- Lothar Schlapp: German footballer.
- Gianfranco Stevanin: Italian serial killer, called the Monster of Terrazzo.
- Glenn Anderson: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Django Bates: English pianist and composer
- Al Connelly: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Glass Tiger)
- Johan Lammerts: Dutch cyclist
- Joe Sacco: American journalist and cartoonist
- Tom Schweich: American lawyer and politician 36th State Auditor of Missouri (d. 2015)
- Dereck Whittenburg: American basketball player and coach
- Jaroslav Doubrava: Composer, dies at 51.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA San Antonio Civitan Golf Tournament
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?