Saturday 29 October 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Carter and Finola Hughes.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita) by Brenda Lee.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
BUtterfield 8, directed by Daniel Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oben und unten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1960 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Michael Carter: Dallas, Texas -- Shot putter (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Finola Hughes: English actress dancer and director.
- Thorsten Schlumberger: German footballer.
- Chartered C46 carrying California State's football team crashes, kills 16.
- In Louisville, Kentucky, Cassius Clay (who later takes the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 October 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?