Monday 10 October 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Flockhart and Eric Martin.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mr. Custer by Larry Verne.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Lace, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Faces West.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1960 ?
- Ron Flockhart: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Eric Martin: American singer-songwriter (Mr.
- Russell Slade: English football manager.
- Paul Thiebaud: American art dealer (d. 2010).
- Simon Townshend: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Casbah Club).
- Laughs & Other Events opens at Barrymore Theater NYC for 8 performances
- 16 California Poly football team members die in plane crash in Toledo
- WGTE TV channel 30 in Toledo, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Ron Stewart of Ottawa Rough Riders rushes for Canadian Football League-record 287 yards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?