Saturday 26 September 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Kron and Joe Benigno.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while How To Play Your Best Golf All The Time by Tommy Armour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Pride of the Family.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1953 ?
- Patrick Kron: French business leader, the chairman and chief executive (Président-directeur général) of the French engineering conglomerate Alstom.
- Joe Benigno: American radio personality.
- Dolores Keane: Irish singer and actress (De Dannan).
- Douglas Melton: American biologist and academic.
- Paul Stephenson: English police officer.
- Xu Beihong: Chinese painter and academic (d. 1953).
- Billy Hunter is last St. Louis Browns player to homer in a game
- KERO TV channel 23 in Bakersfield, CA (CBS / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Polish government fires / imprisons Cardinal Wyszynski
- US and Spain sign defense treaty (4 US bases in Spain)
- Rationing of cane sugar ends in the UK.
- October – The UNIVAC 1103 is the first commercial computer to use random access memory.
- Earl Warren is appointed Chief Justice of the United States by U.S. president Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- The first meeting of Narcotics Anonymous is held (the first planning session was held August 17).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?