Tuesday 15 September 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Heuchan and Pat Barrett.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Robe, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silent World by Jacques Yves Cousteau and Frederic Dumas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Loretta Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1953 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Bruce Heuchan: Kingston, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Alberta-7th).
- Pat Barrett: Rocker (Crew Cuts).
- Jerry Page: golfer (largest PGA victory margin).
- Paul Piche: Canadian singer and songwriter.
- Patricia Rhomberg: Austrian porn actress.
- Keiko Takeshita: Japanese actress
- Jacques Thibaud: French musician, a concert violinist, from a noted family, the brother of pianist Joseph Thibaud (born 25 February 1875).
- KVOA TV channel 4 in Tucson, AZ (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WVEC TV channel 13 in Hampton-Norfolk, VA (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?