Wednesday September 16, 1953
US date format: 9/16/1953, UK date format: 16/9/1953
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Huston and Manuel Pellegrini.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Brain, directed by Felix E. Feist, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Unconquered by Ben Ames Williams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Make Room for Daddy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 16, 1953?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
- Colin G Fink: US chemist (electro-chemistry).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 16, 1953?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free