Monday 14 September 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Sarda and Karen Mills.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Conquest of Cochise, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Kingfishers Catch Fire by Rumer Godden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1953 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Pascal Sarda
- Karen Mills
- Robert Wisdom
- Iyanla Vanzant: Author.
- Tom Cora: American cellist and composer (Skeleton Crew Third Person and Curlew) (d. 1998).
- Judy Playfair: Australian swimmer.
- Comedians Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara marry
- Yanks clinch 5th straight pennant with 8-5 win over Indians
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?