Saturday 27 December 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karla Bonoff rock singer (New World and Tovah Feldshuh in New York City.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Life of Riley.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1952 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Karla Bonoff rock singer (New World: Restless Nights).
- Tovah Feldshuh in New York City: New York; actress (Idolmaker, Terror out of the Sky).
- Tovah Feldshuh: American actress of stage and screen, she has performed in a number of films and plays and is often seen on television as well.
- David Knopfler: Scottish musician, colleague and brother of Mark Knopfler who was the main force behind the group "Dire Straits.
- Karla Bonoff: American singer-songwriter (Bryndle).
- Jay Hill: Canadian farmer and politician
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?