Sunday 27 January 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Nikonoff and Brian Gottfried in Baltimore.
Colorado Sundown, directed by William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Dark Moment by Ann Bridge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1952
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1952 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Jacques Nikonoff: French civil servant, a founding member of the Marc-Bloch Foundation and the association ATTAC (Association pour la Taxation des Transactions financières et pour l'Action Citoyenne) (English: Association for the Taxation of financial Transactions and Citizen's Action), an activist organization originally created for promoting the establishment of a tax on foreign exchange transactions.
- Peter Garland: Composer.
- Brian Gottfried in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; tennis star (Wimbledon Doubles 1976).
- ''White Shoes'' Johnson: American football player.
- Billy Johnson: American baseball player (Born 1918).
- Tam O'Shaughnessy: American tennis player psychologist and academic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Here Am I - Broken Hearted
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Please, Mr. Sun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?