Thursday 27 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Waldorf and Rose Manfredi.
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dangerous Assignment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1951 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- William Waldorf: 4th viscount Astor / English large landowner.
- Rose Manfredi: American accountant at Edgewater Technology, a single mother of two kids.
- Ernesto Zedillo: Mexican politician, a bland and enigmatic man elected the new Mexican president 8/21/1994, taking office on 11/31/1994.
- 40th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Sydney (3-2).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?