Saturday 27 December 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Rodriguez and Claudio Castagnoli.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Maniac, directed by William Lustig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Side Effects by Woody Allen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Remember When....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Monster (Videopac) or Mission Asteroid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 27 December 1980 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Elizabeth Rodriguez
- Claudio Castagnoli: Swiss wrestler.
- Antonio Cesaro: Wrestler.
- Bernard Berrian: American football player.
- Cas Haley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Calvin Murphy (Rockets) begins longest NBA free throw streak of 78
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?