Monday 15 December 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elodie Gossuin and Alexandra Stevenson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Nine to Five, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Music For Chameleons by Truman Capote was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Velo misto.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rescue at Rigel or Pac-Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 December 1980 ?
- Elodie Gossuin
- Alexandra Stevenson
- Julie Berry
- Yuri Kolokolnikov
- Sergio Pizzorno: English guitarist (Kasabian).
- Manuel Wilhelm: German rugby player.
- New York Yankees' Dave Winfield becomes highest-paid player, ten years $15 million.
- ZBZ Sangha officially registered after five years of administrative hassles in Warsaw.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 December 1980
- Dallas Cowboys - Los Angeles Rams : 14 - 38
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?