Sunday 28 December 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa Ferlito and Anna Trebunskaya.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Maniac, directed by William Lustig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barriers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Time Traveler or Space Firebird.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1980 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Vanessa Ferlito: American actress.
- Anna Trebunskaya: Dancer.
- Lomana LuaLua: Congolese footballer.
- Ryta Turava: Belarusian race walker.
- Mexico terminated fishing agreements with US
- MTxico terminates fishing agreements with US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 December 1980
- Houston Oilers - Oakland Raiders : 7 - 27
- Los Angeles Rams - Dallas Cowboys : 13 - 34
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?