Monday 29 December 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez, directed by Jean Girault, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barriers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kaitei Takara Sagashi or The Prisoner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1980 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 December
- Shuttle STS-1 moves from Vandenberg AFB to Launch Complex 39A
- Roy Engle, actor (Police Chief - My Favorite Martian), dies at age 67.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?