Thursday 25 December 1980, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ali Soumaré and Kahi (singer).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Maniac, directed by William Lustig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Sky'S The Limit by Wayne Dyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Remember When....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Berzerk or Space Monster (Videopac).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1980 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Ali Soumaré
- Kahi (singer)
- Kahi : South Korean singer dancer and actress (After School).
- Joanna Angel: American porn actress director and producer.
- Reika Hashimoto: Japanese model and actress.
- Laura Sadler: English actress (d. 2003).
- Marcus Trufant: American football player (Seattle Seahawks).
- Loco: Angolan footballer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?